Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Let Go

I look at the city lights from a distance and they no longer appeal to me. They used to excite me and amaze me. Now, I look at them and see nothing but pinpricks of lights that mean absolutely nothing. I look at them and see them as merely lights coming from vehicles, houses and buildings, which they are.

I look at tall buildings and they no longer appeal to me. They used to remind me of dreams that I once had. I used to dream of living in a big city, working for eight hours straight in a big company, and earning money so I could buy whatever I want. None of them mattered now. I have the job and the life that I wanted before, and I don't want it anymore.

I look at worldly things and they no longer appeal to me. I admit I used to be a materialistic foolish girl. The glam and the glitter used to attract me. I dreamed of having a job that enables me to buy whatever I want: the fanciest clothes and shoes, the latest gadgets, you name it. I look at them now and I see nothing but mere objects that I don't need. I look at them now and I see them as luxuries that I can live without. 

I look at my life and see that it is empty. I used to want a lot of things and now that I have them, I realized that they do not make me happy. They never did. I look at my life and realize that it is my experiences that brought me joy. The many places I've been to, the different people I've met, the cultures I've experienced, and the life lessons that I've learned - these are the things that made me richer and made my life happier. 

So now I'm letting go. I'm slowly letting go of the city. I'm slowly letting go of my daily monotonous life. I'm letting go and letting my life run its course, wherever it takes me. I'm letting go and setting myself free.

No comments:

Post a Comment