Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I Will Let You Go But

I will always lend a willing ear when you need someone to talk to.
I will listen to your stories, even if they may seem mundane to you.
I will give advice, unsolicited or not, whenever you need some clarity.

I will offer my shoulder when you need one to cry on.
I will wipe your tears away.
I will crack a joke, albeit corny, if you need some cheering up.

I will hold out my hand and guide you whenever you feel lost.
I will help light the way if you find yourself walking in the darkness.
I will never make you feel lost or alone.

I will pop open a bottle if you need to get wasted, or if you need to celebrate.
I will always be there to cheer you on your victories.
I will be there to comfort you on your losses.
I will be watching on the sidelines for all the support that you need.

I will follow whenever you need someone to go an adventure with.
I will climb mountains, cross bridges and rivers, and swim open seas with you.
I will be with you to watch the sun set.
I will stay awake with you to until the sun rises.

I will let you go.
But I will be here when you need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment